 |
| Florence Kunz Jenson on their Ranch. |
Colleen said: The white horse is Star -- Old Lass' colt. She says her mother was a hard-worker and was definitely an important part of the success of the ranch! It looks to me like this was taken at the bottom of the hill under the old farmhouse.
Brend Schindler said: Grandma Jenson was a hard worker on the farm, in school getting her degree and being a wonderful teacher! I think that all of these Kunz girls were great teachers!I
 |
Andy & Florence Jenson Farm
said: At age 11 I would ride from Logan to Bennington with Bill and Ruth Ann. They were going to collage at Utah State, and would travel home to work on the ranch on the week end. Bill and Ruth Ann's house was just slightly North and slightly West of Uncle Andy and Aunt Florence's house near the highway. After milking the cows and feeding the cows and calves, at the home part of the ranch, we would hitch up the team of horses to the sleigh. We would then pick up some grain and ride the sleigh to the West, to the main part of the ranch where we would feed the cattle there. The picture is of the old ranch house on the West part of the ranch where the cattle and milking parlor were. The house was long gone before I was there, or maybe I just didn't remember or recognize it. I worked there during that whole summer helping milk the cows and haying. On the ranch, Uncle Andy had a generator in the milk parlor to run the equipment, as there was no power line down there. Uncle Andy named each of his cows, such as Cashus Clay (Mohamed Alley), swivel hip, daisy, and such. He had very colorful language when ever he got kicked or something didn't go just how he wanted it to go. Aunt Florence always had breakfast ready before we went to work, and you were expected to finish your meal, what ever she fixed, or you would be facing it next meal. I only made that mistake once. Sorry I have been rambling on, but so went the year 1965.
Jarvis also said: The Bear River was on the West property line, where I understand that Joe built a raft Tom Sawyer style, launched it, and it promptly sank to the bottom. I could see that and would not expect anything different. Your dad is a wonderful man, and very adventurous and inventive.
Kathy Koeven said: He was pretty inventive. I seem to recall they were railroad ties... which he quickly learned wouldn't float.
Brent Schindler said: Mom thinks that the man by the wagon might be her dad. The walking man may be her brother Bill. |
 |
Jenson Ranch
Brent Schindler said: This is definitely the old Jenson farm house (which is still standing). The building at the bottom of the hill is the old chicken coop. |
 |
| Andy D Jenson |
 |
| Andy D. Jenson |
 |
| Andy D. Jenson |
 |
| Mary |
 |
| Colleen |
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.